Employment Tribunal Quarterly Statistics
April – June 2017
The Ministry of Justice has published the quarterly statistics or the period April to June 2017.
We have summarised the main points below:
- 13% of all tribunal receipts were Employment Tribunal’s (ET).
- 4,241 single claims were received, an increase of 2% on the same quarter of 2016.
- 9,518 multiple claims received, a decrease of 19% on same period last year. Relating to 254 multiple claim cases (average of 37 claims per multiple case) – down -24%.
- The employment tribunals disposed of 9,538 claims, -34% decrease on last year.
- 18% of jurisdictional complaints disposed of were Acas conciliated settlements, 9% were withdrawn, and 16% were successful at hearing.
- The most common jurisdictional complaint disposed of was ‘Unauthorised Deductions (formerly Wages Act)’.
- 5,100 ET issue fee remission applications were received. 64% (3,200) of theses had the full issue fee paid outright, 28% (1,400) of cases were awarded a full or partial fee remission.
- The EAT received 889 appeals (2016/17), down -8% on last year (2015/16) and disposed of 903 appeals, down -14%.